Saturday, September 15, 2007

Humble beginnings...

Let's begin by declaring that I NEED A LATERAL HYPOTHALAMIC LESION!!!!!
The day I get that it'll cure my bingeing tendencies.
That's what I get from psychology.

Next, I present the question: How is it that Indonesians (a majority, at least) who live/grow up in Singapore still possess a different accent from the average Singaporean, while Chinese in Australia, for example, who grow up here but speak Mandarin in their homes can still attain the Aussie accent?
Now that's linguistics.

ええ?日本語で何といますか。
And that's Japanese.

So heLLoOO... that was just a little introduction and preview of what I'll be rambling on about in this newww journal. For tracking, learning, entertainment and amusement purposes.

Disclaimer: I'm a newbie university fresh(wo)man so please don't take anything to heart. Also, some 'ideas' talked about might not necessarily be mine so credits to whoever in advance. Finally, any additional opinions or thought provoking questions and insights are welcome!!!

No comments: